Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Falling down the rabbit hole

Alright, before I can explain to you just how panicked I am now, you must understand just how paranoid I've been as of late. My college campus has around three redheads- including myself, that makes four. Now, Lucius has made it quite clear that he goes after redhead girls (Which doesn't nothing to help my paranoia) so I've decided to keep an eye on my fellow minority girls.

One of them has gone missing.

I asked Lucius about it (K's been sick, so I've taken the time to keep her updated on what happens in our shared class- those conversations don't stay on schoolwork long) and he simply gave me a grin.

There is little doubt in my mind that she's now dead, or wishing she was.

as much as you may scream at me to go to the police, I simply cannot. I cannot incarcerate the host of a serial killer who is already dead knowing full well she herself is innocent.
In short, the moment Satan's friend turned on him was the moment he was granted immunity from the law.
I wish I could say I had a viable solution to this, but honestly, what authority figure would believe the inane ramblings of a college student on Souls and Possession and a serial killer that's evaded the law of two countries (he started over in the UK) since the tender age of seven?

nobody would believe me. even I have a hard time believing the world I have landed myself in is reality and not just some coma-induced hallucination.

8 comments:

  1. And how many people need to go missing before your moral objections are outweighed? At a rough guess, anyway. Three? Five? Ten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a matter of morality as it is about logic. K's got several other people in her head- and it's not her fault that she's gotten to be possessed by a (rotten) bad apple. if she's incarcerated, all Lucius would have to do is leave her and possess another body, and she would probably be put to death for crimes that she didn't even commit and the perpetrator getting off scotch free. we're talking about the ultimate killer here- his face changes, he can escape any prison, and it's nigh impossible to kill him again without going through a long line of innocents. the collateral damage is too high a price to pay- but on the other hand, Lucius is someone who might (theoretically) live(?) forever. he could keep killing for as long as he likes, and unless another killer gets killed and his Soul is strong enough to qualify for "Demon" status, he'll be uncontested.

      It almost makes me wonder why this doesn't happen very often- what with all of the serial killers that have been traumatically killed in recent history, it's a wonder they haven't simply continued their activities from the afterlife, as Lucius is doing.

      Delete
    2. Any issues with getting an exorcism?

      Delete
    3. There's no guarantee one would work. there seems to be a distinction between Ghosts and Souls, and as far as S and I can tell, exorcisms only work on Ghosts.

      I've learned a few things recently about them, I'll put the new findings in the next post.

      Delete
  2. He started over in the UK?

    As a Brit I am dismayed. :( Why do we always have the worst killers. The Moors murderers, Fred and Rose West, James Bulger's killers, list goes on and on.

    ReplyDelete